I love how 4chan still complains about Ken marrying Miyako…
And I’m here reading all the hate like “there there /pat pats/. Here, let me give you a candy”
By PARO DY and SAT IRE
Toei Animation has announced that the upcoming Digimon Adventure sequel will retroactively alter its previous season’s epilogue out of existence.
Digimon Adventure's second season, Zero Two (02), ended with a 25-year jump into the future where the 12 main characters were shown to be married with children and jobs.
It was the characters’ occupation choices and, in particular, the marriages between Sora Takenouchi and Yamato Ishida, and Miyako Inoue and Ken Ichijouji, that faced intense fan backlash for over a decade.
A vocal portion of the fandom have harshly criticised the epilogue since it aired in 2001, claiming that the writers must have been “smoking crack”.
The staff have all denied that they took cocaine in the studio at the time of working on the original series.
- A sequel series to the Adventure (and presumably 02) universe is in development and slated for spring 2015, said to include a 17-year-old Taichi in high school. Further details are promised if an egg on the anniversary project webpage is hatched.
- Adventure is slated to be re-run on Animax in October, making Animax the third Japanese network to ever air a Digimon series.
- The game Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth is still in development, with music confirmed to be by Takada Masafumi (Danganronpa, No More Heroes).
- The game Digimon All-Star Rumble is in development by Prope (developers of Digimon Adventure PSP), with a promised NA and EU release (it is unknown if the game will be Japanese as well). It is likely that the sales of this game will be used to gauge overseas interest in Digimon games.
- A variety of merch, including a re-release of the Adventure Digivices and a Beelzebumon jacket, is up for sale at Premium Bandai.
- The merchandise sold at the 15th Anniversary event at Odaiba is now up for sale at Toei’s store.
- S.H. Figuarts seems to have an Alphamon figure in development, while Megahouse seems to have Takeru/Patamon and Hikari/Tailmon figures in development. Further details about the product exhibition at the Odaiba event are slated to be in the next issue of V-Jump on the 21st.
- The album “Digimon Movie Song Collection”, featuring an assortment of songs from the Digimon movies along with some new re-recorded versions by AiM, is on sale in “Movie Version" and "Omegamon Version" (the only difference is the cover art).
- A Blu-Ray rerelease of Adventure is slated for March 3, 2015; the first edition will include a never-before-released drama CD. Similarly, another Blu-Ray compilation entitled Digimon THE MOVIES Blu-Ray 1999-2006, including all the Digimon movies released to date, is slated for January 9, 2015.
- The Digimon products are currently, as of this post, the top-selling products at Toei’s store.
Simply put, a lot is happening right now! It’s a good time to be a Digimon fan.
'Digimon Adv. 03' be more like: